Rum Infused Brownies w/ Salted Caramel Rum Sauce
This is not for my vegan, dieting or health-conscious readers. This is for people who’ve had a rough week and are ready to risk it all, people who keep saying “ima start my diet tommorrow”, this is for people who roll their eyes at words like “fat-free, low calorie, low carb”, THIS IS FOR MY CHOCOLATE LOVERS!!! This recipe is loaded with butter and chocolate and calories..
all the things that make you happy.
2 sticks of butter (I know.. EYE KNOWWWW.. JUST. DO. IT.)
1 1/4 cups of chocolate of your choice (chocolate chips or cubes are fine)
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 tablespoons of cream rum ex. Bailys (or regular rum)
1 cup flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease 9inch pan or line with parchment paper
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate, butter and brown sugar and whisk until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, white sugar, salt, vanilla, and rum.
- Add cooled chocolate mixture into large bowl and mix.
- Stir in flour and mix to combine well.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 25-30mins. (closer to 25 so the brownies will be very fudgy)
Salted Caramel Rum Sauce
½ cup sugar
1 ½ Tbs water
¼ cup cream (Cream rum can take the place of cream and dark rum)
1 ounce of Dark Rum
1.5 teaspoons sea salt
- Add sugar and water to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over high heat. Do not stir!
- Boil the syrup for 6-8 minutes or until a deep amber caramel forms.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream or Rum (cream or dark) and stir until combined.
- Add sea salt and stir
- Pour the caramel sauce into a large mug or heatproof cup and let it cool slightly.
- Store unused caramel in heat-safe container
- Drizzle caramel sauce on top of brownies for yummy/drunken deliciousness
- sprinkle sea salt on top of brownies for extra garnish
- Gain weight and be happy 🙂
Vegan Cookies & Cream Icecream (No Churn)
OMGGGGGGG Yall KNOW how much EYE love ice cream! So When I made this I was pleasantly surprised! This NO CHURN ice cream is a vegan’s dream! It does take 2 days to make, but I promise the end result is delish.
*Quick Disclaimer: This is made with coconut cream and does have a slight coconut taste. Do not expect this to taste like regular milk-made ice cream.
2 Cans of Coconut Cream – I use Trader Joes brand
2/3 cup of Turbinado Sugar
1/4 cup of water
1 teaspoon of vanilla (2)
Handful of your favorite crushed vegan cookies
1. Place one can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight
2. Place second can of coconut cream in a saucepan with 2/3 cup of turbinado sugar and 1/4 cup water. Stir and put on med heat until it starts to simmer. Continue to stir occasionally.
3. After it starts to simmer, stir in 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
4. Allow to simmer on low to med heat for 30mins, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Then transfer cream/sugar mixture into a plastic container (Tupperware is fine) and place in the refrigerator overnight.
1. Remove cream/sugar mix from refrigerator and place in large bowl. Using a mixer, mix for about 2mins until it resembles almost a whipped texture. (If it is still a little liquidy, dont worry!)
2. Remove the can of coconut cream from refrigerator and add to cream/sugar mix.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla (I always add a little more to dim the coconut taste)
4. Mix everything together with electric mixer until you have a light whipped cream. (about 1min)
5. Pour mix back into your tupperware (or another plastic bowl)
This is now the base for your ice cream mix. At this point you can add anything you want to get the flavor you desire: cocoa powder for chocolate flavor, pureed strawberries for strawberry flavor, cookies, brownies, peanut butter, caramel, fruit, fudge, chocolate chips whatever!
6. Add the crushed cookies and stir. (I added a TON)
7. Place in freezer for about 3-5hrs
8. Enjoy!!! You should have a creamy easy to scoop consistency!